Friday, March 9, 2012

Third time is a charm....

So yes, this is my third attempt at a blog. I have decided that writing a blog is a lot like reading a book. If you are not fully committed to it, then chances are you are not going to go back to it. My purpose of the blog was to discuss fashion. Great fashion, the bad fashion and the "what-the-fucks?" that are out there. However, during a past runway show I realized that half the girls there wrote a blog. The photographer had a blog, the make-up artists had a blog.....seriously? Again another analogy if you walked into a hair salon and the individual who was to cut your hair had a permed mullet would you trust them with your hair? Let me answer that for you....NO! So I got frustrated with hearing all the frumps of the world were blogging. I will now bring up the point that everyone is entitled to their opinion, I am not always right. In fact I am probably wrong most of the time, but I am going to make sure that if I am wrong that everyone gets a laugh at it.

So fashion, yes it is a passion of mine, but is it my life. Not really, though I would love for it to be. I am actually in the medical field. I have a sixth sense about people, I have seen most organs of a human being while they were still alive. I have seen gun shots, stab wounds, face displacements, and holes where holes should not be. So fashion is my escape. However, with seeing such horrific things on a daily basis humor and joking about the little things in life has become a part of who I am.

I lived in NYC and moved back to the Midwest out of love. Love for my family, as my mother was ill and my father had lost his job. It is amazing how life pulls you in many different directions. With every door that closes, truly another does open. I know a lot of people experience hardship. I see it all the time. The amazing thing about art, fashion, and music is that it often causes happiness (along with a glass of wine).

So there is my brief history. This blog is dedicated to the open minded person who needs possible fashion advice, a good laugh, or to hear how I cracked ribs on a human by doing chest compressions. To end this on a positive note. I would like to show you a couple of fun pieces I don't think anyone should do with out.

First item: The colored jean! ANYONE can wear them!! You just have to find the right color. These are a rich indigo blue. I am in love with them. These particular pair are made by Joe Jeans. Great fabric and fit. Another great brand for the bright colored denim is AG. Free People may  have a great selection too, if you are looking for a cheaper look. J Brand...their colors are J Bland. Don't get me wrong love their jeans, just not their color palate.

Second item: The long skirt. We all love to show are legs! But it is so nice to be flowy and open. You can find any skirt from $25 and up. My favorite is this gem that I spotted at Roe Wolfe in Mendota Heights MN.

Since three times is a charm, my third item: Accessories!!! Necklaces, earrings, ring, or a leather wrist band! Yes you heard me correctly. It is like a work of art. This item below I bought while at the Styles for Smiles even this past February. It was designed by local artists and looks AMAZING on. It makes a boring outfit sassy!!! Check out their website for more amazing pieces: www.artistbuilt.net

Hopefully this time will stick with me! Because people who know me, know how I love to critique EVERYTHING!!

Madison G.Colter

No comments:

Post a Comment